Title

Subtitle

Forum

Forum Home > Reviews > Jack and the Beanstalk Reviews

Loulou

Post your Jack and the Beanstalk reviews here. :)

December 10, 2010 at 10:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RayQuinnWorld
Site Owner

Thanks for doing the thread for me Lou Lou :)

--

December 11, 2010 at 9:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RayQuinnWorld
Site Owner

Before I start I will say,this review WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS

Firstly the seats I had were good,they were side seats and really close to the stage,which I thought were really good seats. The whole show was fantastic,and Ray and Emma were brilliant :D.Ray doesn't appear till a few scenes in,his main solo being Ain't That A Kick In The Head :D.His other songs include Milking The Day Away,a new versin of Twisting The Night Away,very funny.Ray and Emma also get to sing You're the one That I Want and I've Had The Time Of My Life,which is brilliant.Ray has a brilliant rapport with Adam Stafford who plays Dame Trot and also Nick Weir who play Simon.Ray has 2 costume changes,looks very smart at the end for the wedding :D.Jack also has a fight scene with Fleshcreep in the second act,Ray said this scene pulled on injury a bit making it sore,so I hope things are o.k.Ray was in fine form though and back to himself,it was lovely seeing Ray back performing again :D.I also noticed Ray was wearing a support under his shirt,not sure if that was just for the scene or all the way through.Ray didn't have to climb the beanstalk,but he does wear a very fetching pair of superhero undies over his costume :D.There is also a Glee syle version of Don't Stop Believing at the end of act 1 as jack is just about to go up the Beanstalk which was really good :D.Ray has quite a few comic moments too,which thought showed off Ray's comic timing :).Ray's vocals were fab,loved all of Ray's songs :D.One thing though,he doesn't get a really big ballad this year,so Ray is not stretched vocally,in my opinion,but he has an amazing vocal range and his vocals are fab :D.Ray has amazing stage presence too :D

Emma looked lovely,she has 3 costume changes.Her character name was Princess Apricot Crumble,she sang one main solo,plus one You can't stop the Beat with the company,there was a lot of dancing involved in that number,which Emma did fantasically.Emma has really clear vocals,she has a beautiful voice :)Ray and Emma work really well together on stage and it was lovely to see them working together again.There is a lot of Children in the show and Ray and Emma work really well with them :)

Hilary O Neill who plays Fairy Cobblers was good,she does some fab impressions and her vocals are good,loved her scenes with Gavin Woods who plays Fleshcreep :).Gavin Wood who plays Fleshcreep,has a couple of solos,my favourite being Toxic,he manages to convey the right amount of evil without being too scary.Nick Weir as Simple Simon was fab,his scenes with Adam Stafford who plays Dame Trot were so funny,especially Who,What and Know Idea(you have too see the show to understand that,but it is a very funny sketch ).Daisy the cow was funny,I loved her scenes with Ray.Moosterious is hardly in it though,and is pushed on and off very quickly,with not much relevance to the story,although it was lovely to see the real statue :).Churchill was funny as always and appeaed in the scene where Jack is rescuing Princess Apricot.Roy Sampson as King Crumble was good and worked well with both Emma and Adam Stafford.

Children from the audience are invited onto the stage which is nice,they are involved in a scene with Nick Weir.The children appearing in the how from Mayhews dancing school were really good and had lots to do :).The ensemble dancers were good,they were onstage most of the time,it is a relatively small cast and everyone worked together well as a team :)

All in all it is a fab show,Ray,Emma and the cast were brilliant(they only had one full dress rehearsal,which was yesterday.I thought they were fantastic,cant wait to see the show again :D

As you know I met Ray,Emma and Bruno outside,which was fab and made my day :D.

--

December 11, 2010 at 10:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RayQuinnWorld
Site Owner

I forgot to mention Ray has a new pic in the programme,think its one of the Image mag pics :)

--

December 11, 2010 at 11:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Loulou

Great review Amanda, it sounds great, and lovely that there are lots of children involved.  Lovely that he is back doing what he loves, hope his injury holds out.  Lovely that you got to meet all three of them later too.

December 11, 2010 at 12:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue

Thanks for the lovely review Amanda. Sounds like you had a great time.Nice to hear that Rays injury isn't playing him up too much, sure it will get easier with time. Bet it was so nice to see them both on the stage together again and what a bonus seeing all three of them after the show. 

--

December 11, 2010 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue

Forgot to ask, Did they like their cards??

--

December 11, 2010 at 1:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RayQuinnWorld
Site Owner

Yeah they got the cards,and liked them :)

--

December 11, 2010 at 1:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RayQuinnWorld
Site Owner

Forgot to mention in my goody bag,I got some seeds,some window stickers,2 backs of Jack and the Beanstalk Jelly Beans,a Daisy the cow finger puppet and a poster signed by Ray and Emma :D

--

December 11, 2010 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trisha

Thanks for the  lovely review Amanda. Looking forward to hearing all the songs you mentioned. Glad you got to meet  Ray, Emma and Bruno.

December 12, 2010 at 8:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tina

Well went to see the evening show of the panto yesterday and it was absolutely brilliant. I feel, personally, much better than last year – partly because Ray is in it so much more (being the lead!) and it felt much more like an old fashioned panto and much better geared for the children (and adults alike!!) – much simpler but very, very effective.

Ray and Emma are absolutely fantastic in their roles. Ray seems so relaxed on stage and at some moments during the show, he couldn’t stop himself from laughing – I think we laughed the whole way through the first half – so, so funny and very topical with jokes relating to current issues. The second half was also funny and very enjoyable, but the first half just has the edge!

I agree with all the comments that Amanda has said and would add that Ray’s songs are just awesome – it so lovely to see him and Emma singing and performing together on stage again – a real treat! The chemistry is just magic between them. Ray also sings bits of other songs, some with the rest of the cast and some on his own. You do get a real Ray fix seeing this show.

The whole cast are all really brilliant and you can tell they all get on really well. It is a small cast and a simple set but very effective! Also really love the theatre and it is not too big, so wherever you sit, I feel you would have good view (although obviously the closer the stage the better)! We sat in the middle of Row F in the Stalls and it was the perfect view!!

I don’t want to give too much away for anyone that hasn’t seen it yet, but trust me you will love it and want to go again and again and again!!!

Got to see Ray after the matinee (waited just on the off chance!!) as he went to take Bruno for a walk – OMG what a seriously cute dog!! I was giving him a lot of fuss and Ray commented that Bruno got more attention than he did!!!! I have a few pictures and will send them to Amanda to post (hope that is OK Amanda?!).

Ray’s mum and dad were there last night too, which was lovely to see. I had a chat with Ray’s dad afterwards and he thoroughly enjoyed it (and even he thought it was better than last year!). You can tell they are both so very proud of their son – rightly so!

Also saw Ray and Emma after the evening show, which was lovely and they both seemed to really be enjoying themselves. Ray felt that he was gelling really well with the whole cast, especially after not knowing any of them until 2 weeks ago!! So, so great to see Ray back performing again – long may it continue!!!

December 12, 2010 at 9:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RayQuinnWorld
Site Owner

Thanks for your review Tina,glad you had a great time and that yuo got to see Ray,Emma and Bruno,no problem about the photo's,I'll post them up for you :)

--

December 12, 2010 at 9:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Georgia & Ray x

Heeeeeey Went To Jack And The Beanstalk On The 11/12/10

The show was amazing Emma was performing before Ray and I thought she put a really good and positive start to the show.  She sang you can't stop the beat with company and her vocals were perfect.

The scene when Ray came on was the scene when it was said that Jack should kill the giant and I wont ruin it but there is a few funny moments. 

Ray sang Ain't that a kick in the head and his vocals were great and the dancers were good too.

Hilary O'Neil was really funny and she did some amazing impressions and in one particular scene with her and Ray, Ray was meant to be frozen while she was acting and she was doing a scouse accent and Ray was finding it really hard not to laugh and it was really funny to watch.

Nick Weir who played Simple Simon was good too I think he worked really well with Ray. My little sister Macy found him very funny.

Ray and Emma also sang Your The One That I Want and it was lovely to see them performing together again because they work so well (:

Adam Stafford who played Dame Trot was great too his comic timing was perfect and at the end of the show he made the little children sing the music man which brought up the atmosphere of the theatre up a lot :)

Ray and Emma also sang time of my life which was beautiful to watch And Don't Stop Beliving with the rest of the cast.

Emma Sang You Are The Music In Me And her vocal were really good.

After the show me my mum and my little sister went to the stage door there wern't that many people there just a few family's.

When Ray and Emma came out they had Bruno with then and Rays mum and dad were there too(:

I gave Ray his Christmas presents and card and he said aaah thankyou, and then he signed my program and we asked for a photo and he said yeah sure so I went and stood next to him, and put my arm around him and I could feel his hand on my arm , it was really warm but when my mum went to take the picture the camera was broken and wouldn't work so Ray asked if we had a phone or something we could use, but I didnt have my phone with me :( So Ray asked about the show and stuff , I asked him how his shoulder was he said its okaay but still hurting do you want to see my scar. So he showed me his scar and it looked really nasty and painful.

Ray's Dad said that because our camera wasn't working that he would take the picture and send it to us so my mum gave him the address and i got a picture with Ray :D 

After (It was freezing and I was only in my dress and i was shivering) Ray rubbed my back and said go and get in the warmth sweetheart.

We got Emma to sign the program and she was lovely with My little sister Macy.

When we were leaving I said bye to Ray and he said oh bye darling. He was so lovely and even if i could i wouldn't change a thing about last night.

Lots Of Love Georgia xx

December 12, 2010 at 11:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Georgia & Ray x

Sorry Forgot So Say It Wad The Evening Show ;) xx

--

December 12, 2010 at 11:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RayQuinnWorld
Site Owner

Thanks for the review Georgia,glad you had a great time :)

--

December 12, 2010 at 11:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue

Thanks Tina and Georgia for the lovely reviews. So pleased you got to meet Ray, Emma and Bruno. You much be on cloud 9 Georgia, i know i would have been.

--

December 12, 2010 at 11:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Loulou

Thanks for the lovely reviews Tina and Georgia, sounds like you both enjoyed yourselves. 

December 12, 2010 at 12:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Loulou

Glad you liked your goodies in the goodie bag Amanda. :D

December 12, 2010 at 12:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Trisha

Thanks for the reviews, Tina and Georgia - sounds like we're in for a real treat, really looking forward to seeing ti on the 21st.

December 12, 2010 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lisa

Thanks Tina and Georgia for your reviews it was was heaven to see Ray back to what he loves to do best. It was so lovely to see ray and emma working together you can see such chemistry there.

December 12, 2010 at 4:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.