Title

Subtitle

Forum

Forum Home > Reviews > Sticky: L B Tour Reviews

RayQuinnWorld
Site Owner

Have you been to see Ray in the Legally Blonde Tour?,post your reviews here :)

--

January 30, 2012 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dancingles

Just back from the opening night of Legally Blonde in Aylesbury, Ray and Les Dennis' first night with the show.  The Waterside Theatre is one of my favourite newer regional theatres.

The whole performance was absolutely terrific! I have seen the show a few times in London and I honestly think this is the best cast overall that I have seen. Everyones performance was really slick, the singing acting and dancing excellent .

Loved Claire Sweeny as Paulette and really wish she was staying with the show longer, so much personality on stage.  Faye Brookes was excellent as Elle, again great stage presence and even the two little dogs played their roles faultlessly.

As for the two new cast members, Ray and Les Dennis, both played their roles brilliantly and seem to have slotted in with the rest of the touring cast really well. Ray in particular really played the part well, his timing was spot on and his vocals excellent. I was quite impressed with his american accent in both Grease and Dirty Dancing, but have to say in this particular show it is probably the best yet and seemed to be totally natural. He appeared totally relaxed and confident. Interesting to see him in a totally different role showing his versatility and adaptability as an actor. He did manage to do a little bit of dancing at the end too!  It was also lovely to see that Emma was there to support Ray on his opening night.

I have to commend the other cameo and supporting roles as well (e.g. Emmet, delivery man, Vivienne,Brooke even the hairdresser!) all of whom were great.

Altogether a fantastic show and a thoroughly enjoyable evening. I am sure everyone going at whatever venue will have a wonderful time. 

January 31, 2012 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hels
thanks for your review Dancingles, it made me smile :) looking forwards to hearing other peoples reviews, it's great to hear that Ray just slots in with anything, it certainly does show he does have that special ability to adapt, everything he does & touches turns to gold :)
--

February 1, 2012 at 3:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue

Thanks for the lovely review Dancingles. Its great to hear that Ray was on top form again. He's just brilliant at everything he does.Can't wait to see the show and read some more reviews as the press were there last night.

--

February 1, 2012 at 4:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Loulou

Thank you Dancingles, sounds a great show and so pleased Ray is doing well.

February 1, 2012 at 5:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RayQuinnWorld
Site Owner

Lovely review for Ray last night :)

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/leisure/9505082.Review_Legally_Blonde_The_Musical_is_an_evening_of_fun_and_laughter/

--

February 1, 2012 at 5:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RayQuinnWorld
Site Owner

dancingles at January 31, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Just back from the opening night of Legally Blonde in Aylesbury, Ray and Les Dennis' first night with the show.  The Waterside Theatre is one of my favourite newer regional theatres.

The whole performance was absolutely terrific! I have seen the show a few times in London and I honestly think this is the best cast overall that I have seen. Everyones performance was really slick, the singing acting and dancing excellent .

Loved Claire Sweeny as Paulette and really wish she was staying with the show longer, so much personality on stage.  Faye Brookes was excellent as Elle, again great stage presence and even the two little dogs played their roles faultlessly.

As for the two new cast members, Ray and Les Dennis, both played their roles brilliantly and seem to have slotted in with the rest of the touring cast really well. Ray in particular really played the part well, his timing was spot on and his vocals excellent. I was quite impressed with his american accent in both Grease and Dirty Dancing, but have to say in this particular show it is probably the best yet and seemed to be totally natural. He appeared totally relaxed and confident. Interesting to see him in a totally different role showing his versatility and adaptability as an actor. He did manage to do a little bit of dancing at the end too!  It was also lovely to see that Emma was there to support Ray on his opening night.

I have to commend the other cameo and supporting roles as well (e.g. Emmet, delivery man, Vivienne,Brooke even the hairdresser!) all of whom were great.

Altogether a fantastic show and a thoroughly enjoyable evening. I am sure everyone going at whatever venue will have a wonderful time. 

Thank-you for your review,glad you had a fab night,Ray sounds like he was amazing,I can't wait to see the show :D.Also looking forward to seeing Faye.Claire and Les too :).Glad Ray gets to do a bit of dancing too :D

--

February 1, 2012 at 5:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Loulou

RayQuinnWorld at February 1, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Lovely review for Ray last night :)

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/leisure/9505082.Review_Legally_Blonde_The_Musical_is_an_evening_of_fun_and_laughter/

Thanks Amanda, well done Ray! :D

February 1, 2012 at 6:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alfie71

Thank you for the review. Sounds like a really good cast and please the new cast members did so well. Looking forward to seeing the show in a couple of weeks time.

February 1, 2012 at 7:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Linda

thankyou for the review sounds like a great cast glad you had a good time can't wait to go myself

February 1, 2012 at 11:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trisha

Thanks for the review Dancingles. Can't wait to see it in April.

--

February 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jen

Thanks for your review, Dancingles. Sounds like it will be a real treat to see this production.

February 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue

Are you going to any Jen?

--

February 2, 2012 at 4:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alfie71

Another great review of the show in Aylesbury

http://berksandbucks.greatbritishlife.co.uk/article/review-legally-blonde-the-musical-at-aylesbury-theatre-38944/

February 2, 2012 at 10:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alfie71

And another, this one particularly praises Ray portrayal of Warner.

http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/lifestyle/entertainments/legally_speaking_it_is_worthwhile_going_to_see_this_show_1_3482136

February 2, 2012 at 11:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue

Great reviews Alfie. Thanks for posting.

--

February 2, 2012 at 12:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hels

thanks for the links alfie :)

--

February 2, 2012 at 12:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hels

http://www.thametoday.co.uk/lifestyle/legally_speaking_it_is_worthwhile_going_to_see_this_show_1_3482136

lovely review also a nice little pic of ray & co too :)

--

February 2, 2012 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Loulou

Thaks for posting Alfie, can't wait until I go and see it.

February 2, 2012 at 2:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RayQuinnWorld
Site Owner

Thanks for the links Alfie and Hels,i'll post my review shortly :)

I love the pic of Ray,Les Faye and Iwan and Rufus and Bruiser :)

--

February 3, 2012 at 2:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.